Gatakers Artspace is a community gallery committed to supporting the professional development of artists from throughout the Wide Bay region and Queensland through the Community Exhibitions Program.
This support includes fostering the development of skills and knowledge of Fraser Coast artists, and to provide them with opportunities to display newly developed work. Hence, the Gallery's annual program includes exhibitions by regional and Queensland-based artists.
Why exhibit at Gatakers Artspace?
Gatakers Artspace has four gallery spaces within the main gallery building all with professional lighting and hanging systems. The Gallery prides itself in its friendly and helpful staff and volunteers who are passionate about the arts and culture scene. When exhibiting at Gatakers Artspace we offer:
- A selection of our gallery frames, plynths and display cases free of charge.
- Our fully trained installion team to install your exhibition.
- A combined opening event with increased publicity including an electronic invitation and social media post.
- Exposure during the popular "Gatakers By Night" event.
Gallery One. The first gallery space as you walk into the gallery. It has smooth white walls and maximum exposure.
Gallery Two. Situated on the ground floor, this space is a little more intimate with alcove areas to allow for a diverse range of artworks.
Gallery Three. Walk up to the first floor and view this smaller space with rendered brick walls.
Gallery Four. On the first floor, this space features rendered brick walls and glimpses of the original timber beams in the ceiling. This large open space allows for projection, scuplture and ability to hang from ceiling.
Pop-up Gallery. Located in the front room of the Kent Street building, an un-manned pop-up gallery space with hanging systems is available for small, short term exhibitions.
How to exhibit at Gatakers Artspace?
- Choose your preferred Gallery Space.
- Ask to view our fees and charges.
- Contact us 12-24 months prior to your preferred exhibition date to book your preferred space. (This timeframe provides artists with valuable time to develop a significant body of work to fill the exhibition space).
- Complete a Gatakers Artspace Exhibition Proposal form.
- Provide high resolution images of your artworks.
- Send your form and images to Senior Arts and Cultural Officer for consideration in the exhibitions program.