Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking EOIs for Open House 2019 Creative Program. The event will take place on Saturday 21 September and run from 10am to 4pm.
About Open House:
- In September 2012, Maryborough held its first Open House, joining a world-wide ‘family’ of Open House events, the first of which was held in London in 1992. The concept has spread to more than 30 cities around the world, including Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth and countries including Spain, USA, Finland, Italy and Greece.
- Maryborough Open House is one of the longest-running Open House programs in Australia, and in its seventh year welcomed 5,000 visits to 21 buildings and 2,700 visits to 14 gardens in 2018.
- The program is a great opportunity for building and garden owners, managers, creatives, enthusiasts, and architects to reach a broad cross-section of the community and access new audiences.
- Most businesses participate to promote the activities to a new and different audience and engage with the local community, some people simply participate for the love of it.
- The program encourages the public to become advocates of quality design and to value their community’s buildings and gardens.
- During Open House attendees will:
- learn more about Maryborough’s architecture;
- explore the old and new;
- stay informed about factors that influence city planning, development and decision making;
- appreciate and advocate for Maryborough’s local architecture and urban design.
- The event is free and accessible to all. This upholds everyone’s right to explore their own city.
Professional artists are invited to create site-responsive ephemeral installations or street scapes for Maryborough Open House 2019. Spread across multiple sites, embracing the Story Trail route and existing public art in Maryborough, the artworks will highlight buildings throughout the CBD and add a creative atmosphere to this community event.
We are seeking artists who can conceptualise large or small scale ideas for temporary installations and street scapes that will appeal to a wide demographic and have the ability to be displayed outdoors. This is including but not limited to projections, performances, interactive displays, pop up installations and/or ephemeral street art. All expressions of interest should include an indicative cost.
Expressions of interest open - Monday 22 July
Expressions of interest close - Monday 5 August
Successful artists notified - Friday 9 August
Site walks with team - Tuesday 13 August
Site testing/Risk assessments - Friday 16 August
Site access for installing works - Friday 13 September
Open House event - Saturday 21 September
Up to $1,500 per project
*A limited number of projects will be selected subject to event budget.
The successful projects will be accepted taking into consideration price, local production, ability to meet production timeframes, quality, safety and reliability. Subcontracting, if applicable, should be included in the EOI.
If you are interested in working with us please provide an EOI no later than Monday 5 August, 2019.