Represent Your Region as a “Youth Delegate” at Arts Ablaze 2019
If you are a young artist or champion of the arts (aged 15-25) we want to hear from you.
You could be a young theatre maker, dancer, painter, sculpter, photographer, musician, film maker, writer, poet, (or emerging artist in any other arts form that you can dream of). You may even be a young person who’s simply passionate about the arts and have an interest in championing the arts in your community.
Arts Ablaze 2019 will be providing 20 young and emerging artists from across QLD with the opportunity to attend this amazing arts event. Part conference, part festival – Arts Ablaze will bring arts and cultural leaders from across the state to Kooralbyn Ramada Resort from the 2nd to the 6th of October, in Scenic Rim to share and celebrate their artistic work and to transform attitudes, access, people and places through regional arts practice.
And it just wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have an inspiring crew of young people join us for the party!
If selected as a ‘Youth Delegate’ in the ‘Youth on Fire,’ program you will be in for a game-changing experience. ‘Youth on Fire’ invites young artists to present and/or talk about their artistic practice as a part of the Arts Ablaze Conference and to make some wonderful new relationships in the process.
Through your inclusion in this program you will receive:
● A Full Delegate Pass including access to the full conference [attendance at all performances, workshops, discussions, key notes and the Various Conference Dinners.]
● Remote Mentoring via Webinar prior to the Conference in order to prepare yourself and your work for the conference – this will be provided by the Leadership Team from Goat Track Theatre.
● Camp Style Food & Accommodation for the duration of the Arts Ablaze Conference as well as support for the duration of your stay.
● A “Youth-Only” Mentoring Program throughout the Conference on how to transform your mindset, arts practice and how to be a champion of the arts in your local community
● The opportunity to share your artistic work at a State Conference.
● The opportunity to talk about your work at the conference through a PechaKucha presentation (Don’t worry we didn’t know what it was either)
● The opportunity to share your experiences with other young artists from across the state and to network with other early career artists.
● The opportunity to attend the Conference as a delegate and talk with leaders of the Arts and Cultural Community.
● The opportunity to interact as a panellist, MC or performer if these are seen as relevant to your skill sets and passions.
● The opportunity to attend and contribute to the Regional QLD Youth Forum (to be held on the last day of the conference.)
● The opportunity for your work to be shared at The HEARTh –the youth marquis throughout the festival.
If you’d like to apply for this once in a lifetime opportunity, please check out our FAQ’s and get in touch with your local Regional Arts Services Network to have a chat.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 23RD AUGUST 9AM
click here to apply: https://goattracktheatre.activehosted.com/f/17