Hervey Bay Regional Gallery is a public gallery funded and operated by Fraser Coast Regional Council as a community cultural development service.
As well as supporting the professional development of artists, Hervey Bay Regional Gallery is committed to promoting significant aspects of the region, encouraging community participation in Gallery activities, fostering curatorial practice to advance artists’ own understanding of their work and encouraging a healthy and sustainable local arts industry.
A fine range of touring exhibitions is programmed on an ongoing basis for the Gallery. In tandem with these, the Community Exhibitions Program encourages artists from the Wide Bay region (and a proportion of other artists from elsewhere) to also exhibit in the Gallery.
Why exhibit at Hervey Bay Regional Gallery?
There are three gallery spaces at the Hervey Bay Regional Gallery. All galleries have the capacity to include moveable walls in the exhibition.
- Our fully trained installion team to install your exhibition. The Gallery Team works with this team to ensure the best placement of artworks within the exhibition space.
- A combined opening event with increased publicity including an electronic invitation and social media post.
- Exposure during the popular Art After Dark event.
How to exhibit at Hervey Bay Regional Gallery
Artists or organisations wishing to exhibit in Hervey Bay Regional Gallery will need to read the background information below and then submit the two-page application form attached. Our Floor Plan is available here
- Contact us 12-24 months prior to your preferred exhibition date to book your preferred space. (This timeframe provides artists with valuable time to develop a significant body of work to fill the exhibition space).
- Complete our Exhibition Proposal Guidelines form.
- Provide high resolution images of your artworks.
- Send your form and images to the Gallery Team for consideration in the exhibitions program.