About the Brolga Theatre
The Brolga Theatre is the cultural entertainment heart of the Fraser Coast. Situated on the banks of the Mary River in Maryborough, the Brolga is a first class theatre and conference venue, which attracts the finest international and national performers.
The Brolga Theatre and Convention Centre is owned and managed by the Fraser Coast Regional Council.
Less than an hour's flight from Brisbane to Hervey Bay (30 kilometres away) and a 2½ hour drive north on the Bruce Highway, the Brolga is one of regional Queensland's best theatre and convention centres.
National and international performers touring Australia and Queensland regularly perform at the theatre. The venue also hosts regular conferences large and small, expos, trade shows, meetings, product launches, celebrations, awards dinners, school formals and weddings - the list is endless!
Features of the centre include:
- a 900 seat main Auditorium with raked floor and comfortable lounge seating;
- a 200 seat multi-purpose Federation Room with a flat-floor and the option of tiered seating, an innovative and exciting theatre space, suitable for exhibitions and the perfect spot for medium-sized conferences, dinners or receptions;
- a spectacular glass framed Foyer with river views - seats 300 at table, suitable for cabarets, civic receptions, trade shows, school formals, dinners and more;
- a Conference Room - perfect for intimate meetings, seminars and breakout space - catering for up to 20 persons; and
- a Band Room - a small gathering area for rehearsals, dance warm-ups, break-outs or meetings.
As a community arts centre we are always looking to develop effective sponsorship relationships. Our thanks to Richers Transport for their support of our Friends of the Brolga.
Get the latest program news and special offers direct to your inbox!
Stuck for a gift idea? Treat your family and friends to a live theatre experience with a Brolga Theatre gift voucher. More>>