Arts and Cultural Person of the Month
Fraser Coast Regional Council will award an individual junior and senior Arts and Cultural Person of the month award.
This award recognised outstanding regional Arts and Cultural Persons in the Fraser Coast Community.
This might be someone who works in the following areas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Arts
- Community Arts and Cultural Development
- Emerging and Experimental Arts
- Multi-art form
- Visual Arts
This award recognises arts and cultural people who excel in their field; whether it’s talent, heart, determination, community connection or overcoming a challenge.
The Arts and Cultural person can be nominated by teachers, tutors, other arts and cultural workers or arts people, community members or by self-nomination.
- The award is open to Arts and Cultural Persons who have their primary residence in the Fraser Coast region;
- Categories are determined by age:
- Junior Arts and Cultural Person is determined as under 18 years of age.
- Senior Art and Cultural Person is determined as 18 years of age and older.
- The award is given for an outstanding activities by Arts and Cultural Persons as judged by the Panel;
- The decision of the Panel is final and no discussion will be entered in to.
Selection of winners
The selection panel will review nominations each month and choose one junior and one senior individual Arts and Cultural Person.
All winners will receive:
- A framed certificate
- A $50 voucher to a local business or attraction
- A profile in the quarterly Fraser Coast Regional Council Scene publication
Award winners will be automatically entered into the Cultural or Young Cultural Award of the Year as part of the Australia Day Awards.