Street Art Fraser Coast Creative Space
The redevelopment of City Park aims to create a vibrant community hub around the Fraser Coast Cultural Centre. Works will include landscaping and the creation of public artworks.
A key initiative will be the development of a creative space, in the Cultural Centre parklands.
Council seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified artists residing in the Fraser Coast to develop a concept and to paint a street artwork on the side of the creative space.
- The external wall of the creative space is 11 metres x 2.6m at apex. The paint has a textured render.
- The style in which these are to be painted is bright and bold. The artwork should draw the attention of people that pass by.
- Artists may work on painting a sculpture together and split the commission fee. In this case both artists should provide examples of previous works.
- Council will provide all materials and a suitable workspace to paint the artwork.
Applicants are invited to:
- Complete the Expression of Interest form
- Examples of previous sculptural and painted works
- Provide concept sketches of the proposed artwork
- Provide a quote for the development and completion of the artworks
Applications must be received by Monday 21 August 5pm.